Power sources

I have worked with overhead line shafts, as part of a restoration project. I can understand why machine shops dropped them as soon as possible. I advise you to stay with electrict power as much as you can.

I suggest against going too far back on the technology line, as they had day to day problems we have forgotten about.

You can run a gas engine on many different fuels, including "reproducer gas" (carbon moxide, ect) from incomplete compustion of wood, ect. but you have to cool and filter the output. Ash and tar in the gas will wear the engine, however.

How about wind and water power?

Reply to
David Smith

Where was the restoration, and was it of a machine shop? Details, we want details!

Like that shiny paper in the new sears catalog. That just doesn't work as well as the old stuff! :^)

Jim

jim rozen