Prescription Safety Glasses online?

Hey can anyone recommend an online vendor for prescription safety glasses. You know those really geeky ones with the integral side shields, maybe mesh maybe ridgid plastic? Not looking to go cheap where the eyeballs are concerned but not looking to overpay either.

Thanks!

Jay

Reply to
JJ

||Hey can anyone recommend an online vendor for prescription safety ||glasses. You know those really geeky ones with the integral side ||shields, maybe mesh maybe ridgid plastic? Not looking to go cheap ||where the eyeballs are concerned but not looking to overpay either.

I wear contacts and use reading glasses. I'd like sone safety glasses that have a 2X magnifier like a bifocal lense. Surely they are made, I just can't find them. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I think I saw some stick-on lower half magnifiers at the drug store. They were made in different powers, but I don't know if they went all the way to

2X. If that fails, any good optometrist could prescribe what you need.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

MSC carries them -- look on pg. 2727 of the big book. They have several different styles. I have the Crews "Engineer" model, but they're a little cheap and don't stay on very well. I might try the Smith & Wesson style, since I don't really care about the bifocal feature.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Young

||Rex B wrote: || ||> I wear contacts and use reading glasses. I'd like sone safety glasses that ||> have a 2X magnifier like a bifocal lense. Surely they are made, I just ||> can't find them. ||> Texas Parts Guy || ||MSC carries them -- look on pg. 2727 of the big book. They have several ||different styles. I have the Crews "Engineer" model, but they're a little ||cheap and don't stay on very well. I might try the Smith & Wesson style, ||since I don't really care about the bifocal feature.

I'll scope that out tonight - thanks

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Steve Walker

If you just need readers, get em from eBay, less than $10.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I couldn't find safety glasses there. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

You might not save much going the online route. Quite often opticians will sell safety glasses at a smaller mark-up than "fashion" frames. As an example Wal-Mart charged me less for a pair of titanium frames with safety lenses than they did to put a set of lenses in my frames.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf