ideas on indivdual cases for 1/25 car collection?

hi, i have been overseeing my late father's collection of over 100, mostly 1/25 scale preassembled cars since the 70s. they date back to the 40s, as well as earlier childhood
models in smaller scale. i also have about the same quantity of corgi/matchboxes, in a separate enclosed case.. (boxes stored separately).
i want to clean and store my dad's larger-scale ones the best way they can be preserved.
some are jo-han, others are unidentifiable. most are not in their original boxes but just displayed in rows on the glass shelves.
to-date, they have been pretty much untouched in two large custom built enclosed (glass-sliding doors) cases in my mom's basement. I am concerned about issues like humidity and impact on the resin/plastic. other than some dusting, they've not been 'cleaned' per se, and i need to do that, plus put in a dehumidifier.
the main question is whether there's a good, cheap way of putting these in individual acrylic/plexiglas boxes to protect and preserve em.... i did some searching here and saw some mention of something like tupperware boxes as an idea - ideally clear containers all the way around would be best - and i would need a LOT of em since this may actually be something like 150-200 quantity...
just wondered if anyone might have some input/feedback about storage ideas or sources for inexpensive clear 'boxes' (cases?) that could be found either online or say, at a discount place.
i'll keep looking around the newsgroups but meantime thought i'd pose the question in case someone can give me a shortcut to a simple solution:)
thanks!
mike in mich.
I'm not aware of their current availability but RC/Ertl "AMT", Revell and JoHan make individual cases for 1/24-1/25th model cars. There are/were some available from China also but I don't remember the brand name. It can get expensive though. It might be better to buy them in bulk from Hobby Heaven if they are still available. Send them an e-mail at modelcarkits.com.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Joann Fabrics used to carry clear plastic whatnot boxes for a bout a buck. I have not seen them locally for a while though. Just another idea on where you might look.
-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH