protecting wood/plywood from elements

I am building a generator platform and enclosure.

The platform is built from plywood, tires for cusioning and boards (I asked a few questions about it here and will post pictures soon). It will be, hopefully, inside the enclosure and protected from elements.

Enclosure will be built from plywood and boards also. I want to protect it from elements. Would it be wise to use some oily substance like they use on decks (cedar deck treatment or some such".

Thanks

Ignoramus21494

If you can find it at a better lumber yard, MDO should work well.

Or use a good grade of plywood and paint..

Reply to
Rick

On 8 Dec 2004 15:07:21 GMT, Ignoramus21494 vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I have followed the thread. Why are you not looking at steel for the base and enclosure? Much moire robist and suitable.

Reply to
Old Nick
50-50 tar and diesel ...mix and paint...
Reply to
kbeitz
50-50 tar and diesel ...mix and paint...
Reply to
kbeitz

T1-11 siding is a plywood designed for exterior use (also kinda nice looking). Paint is designed to keep wood protected from the elements. My

30 year old house (up for sale!) and my 10 year old garden shed are still in perfect shape.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Where would I look for such plywood? Does home depot carry it?

Ignoramus23449

It's a stock item at Home Depot and Lowes around here.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

I like a board that is similar - the outside rough sawed wood is Coastal Redwood. Either sealed, stained or painted. My house in the Redwoods is also for sale.

Mart> T1-11 siding is a plywood designed for exterior use (also kinda nice

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:06:16 +0800, Old Nick vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Shrug. It was a serious attempt to help.

Reply to
Old Nick