Potentiometer Elements

No picture yet, but:
Deep in the heart of every RC servo there's a pot, and it comes in three
pieces -- the rotor is attached to the output shaft, the element is on a
little puck with three wires soldered onto it, and the whole thing is
held together by the servo frame.
The bits used to be manufactured by Clarostat, but "
"
gets me the Honeywell website and a bunch of heavy-iron industrial
position sensing things that absolutely positively don't apply here.
Anyone know where I can start looking for these? I've got a dead,
antique servo I'd like to revive.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
No one is allowed to do that sort of experimentation on their own anymore. For guidance you must consult the appropriate government agency.
...Jim Thompson
Reply to
Jim Thompson
Here I saw your name and thought "oh, he's just the sort of old-timer polymath who would know". Instead I get cynicism.
Well Thank You Mr. Diogenes (:-).
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Actually I'm looking. I may have that information in my files. I did an RC receiver plus multi-servo decoder chip design around ten years back.
I also did some designs for Clarostat in the far past.
...Jim Thompson
Reply to
Jim Thompson
Allied Electronics has the Honeywell/Clarostat pots as well as others. 2332 total according to a search on their site--
can also call them for help at 1-866-433-5722
Reply to
Anyolmouse
Where did you read anything about Obama promoting the implementation of carbon taxes since he has taken office?
I think you are going to see less far left behavior from Obama than we had far right behavior from Bush. If these folks have any sense at all (note; I did say IF) they will realize that America has had its fill of extremism in any form. Left or right.
Me, I'm dead center and I hate "isms" or "ists" of any kind. I'm even suspicious of centrists.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Does anyone remember those fantastic Allen-Bradley plastic element pots that were used for transmitter sticks so many years ago?
Or how about the open gimbal D&R stick assemblies that used servo pots and which needed cleaning every couple of weeks? Argh!!!
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
You can also call them for help at 1-866-433-5722
There were two other manufacturers of pot elements that would fit in those applications. I know because I've used all three brands. Now all I have to do is remember their names. It will come to me.
I used to build R/C systems from kits in the Seventies as well as buy already built R/C systems. I fell into using Ace Bantam Midget servos and their 7-channel Ace Commander receives. I even built one of their three channel and one of their seven channel transmitter kits. The servos and the Tx boxes all used the same type of pot elements. Ace sometimes stocked all three brands of pot elements, so if someone has an old Ace catalog, you might be able to find the manufacturer's names of the other two brands besides Clarostat. Good luck.
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Just yesterday, on the news, taxing basically all forms of present energy forms.
I hope you're right, but I think you should listen to the news more carefully... like avoid the pabulum networks. Even the BBC has it pretty much straight up.
...Jim Thompson
Reply to
Jim Thompson
And which "news" sources do you listen to?
Let me guess, Rush Limbaugh...
Ed Cregger
Ed Cregger
You leftist weenies need to do less "guessing". I've stated here for years that I don't like, nor listen to, Rush.
The info came from the BBC, quoting Rahm Emanuel.
Not that I care. The more damage that can be done to low life leftist weenies, when they can't even afford gasoline, the better the world will be ;-)
...Jim Thompson
Reply to
Jim Thompson
Not to deviate from all the political BS, but... If you need a _real_ servo pot - try
've sold us some special pots so we could resurrect some old equipment. Hope that helps! -f
Reply to
cassiope
Well, he came in whining "Hey, I inherited this deficit!" and his first official act as prez is to add another trillion in pork-barrel spending to it.
Plus, he left the entire Cheney/Bush Gestapo in place, and kept Cheney/Bush's own secretary of "defense".
I think by 2012 or sooner, America will look more like the Soviet Union than like the America our Founding Fathers envisioned.
So, watch your jewels, and stock up on canned goods and ammo.
BTW, I'm not a "centrist". I'm an extremist. My cause is Individual Liberty.
To paraphrase, Freedom is my worship word.
Cheers! Rich
Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian
I voted for Nixon and Reagan. Does that make me a Leftist Weenie?
Ed Cregger
Reply to
Ed Cregger
Rumor has it you voted for them both at the same time. At the very least, it makes you akin to a labor lobbyist. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad

Site Timeline