Servo selector guides?

This is related to my last post, in the second-worst possible way.

The servo I just finished building is fine, but the _old_ one died on the operating table, of old age (the pot was worn, dirty, and corroded - you can't get much worse than that).

So I went looking on the web, but all I can find are floods of individual catalog pages on servos and servo-related parts.

What I _want_ is a nice chart with measurements, weights, torques, etc. The wing already has Ace Bantam-shaped holes in it, so I'd like to be able to find a reasonable fit.

Any suggestions? I mean to buy them at the LHS no matter what, but I'd like to go in forearmed with information.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Who would go to the trouble of compiling such a list? Certainly not the manufacturers, whose best interests are served by consumer ignorance. Ditto the hobbyshop owners.

I agree that such a reference would be invaluable to we modelers.

Ed Cregger

----------

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I don't mean to be discouraging (but probably am) - I've tried to find the same info for simillar reasons. Not only is such a list hard to find (I've never found one in many googled attempts) but the mounting dimensions are almost non-existant. Overall dimensions I can find at some manufacturers sites but not the ones a modeler would need. There are some that list torques and electrical characteristics - here's a link to the best I've found -

Lots of Luck Richard

Reply to
rszanti

Yes. I may have the part you need.