'puter repair

We are talking about brackets and connectors here.

Ignoramus8691

I have two Dells at home (both Precision 470, a New Year present to me by a relative). While I appreciate the present, and they are working, I can see some things that I do not like. One is that they run HOT. Another is that the case is too cramped.

Yet another is those special brackets.

Ignoramus8691

It was running on a high end dual conversion UPS

Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

This machine is due for a dusting so I'll have a look when I open it up. The older boxes are away at college, so not my problem 'til they die .

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Jon Elson wrote: (snip)

We have several Dell Optiplex 320s where I work. Their PSU is a off size, and slightly smaller than a normal ATX, so you can't replace it with a normal unit if it goes bad. (Only 320W too) The motherboard may be BTX, but it mounts upsidedown and backwards in the case compared to an ATX board (not all that familiar with BTX format). Oh and while the clock chip in it is capible of 400 FSB, anything above 200 FSB isn't allowed by the BIOS, so don't think about upgrading from the E2140 chip that comes in it.

Reply to
Todd Rich