QC30 holders

I've got a fair selection (about twenty) QC-30 holders with my 'new' BP Series-1, but I'm interested in sourcing more in the future.

So far, I find a fair bit of CAT-40 stuff, but virtually no 30-taper holders.

Any good ideas?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" fired this volley in news:Xns9B91C5874C229lloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

'new' BP

Duh... never mind. It never crossed my fingertips to look for NMTB30 holders.

(It's that 'bout-60 dumb creepin' in)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

IRRC...Jon Anderson on alt.machines.cnc had some 30 taper stuff for sale.

Btw...you can use both Cat and BMT 30 taper tooling in a NMTB30 taper spindle. But you will need to make another longer drawbolt, and it will be a differnt thread. But I mix and match on my NMTB 30 Gorton Master mill all the time. And its a hell of a lot easier finding Cat or BMT collet holders than NMTB collet holders

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Yep, and I contacted him privately. I do have a number of DA 300, 200, and 180 collet holders for sale. Too many projects just now, but am trying to get them photographed and posted to my garage sale page.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson
[ ... ]

If his Series-1 Bridgeport is like mine, it *needs* the NMB flange for the quick-lock system to work. It doesn't *use* a drawbar, just a rotating collar which swings ears over the flanges and then tightens them down firmly.

And it won't work with a CAT V-groove flange which is thicker than the NTMB one is.

Now -- my Nichols horizontal mill (and the vertical head for it) do fine swapping between NTMB and Cat-V -- once I pull the draw stud out of the Cat-V and make an adaptor for length and thread for the original drawbar. (The spindle bore on my *really* old one is too small to pass the larger thread.) Needless to say, the adaptors are firmly Loctited in place. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols