Quality pump oil cans?

I recently tried to buy two new Eagle pump oil cans for special lubricants in my shop. I was informed that the whole line has been discontinued. I have one Eagle oiler that must be over forty years old and is in perfect condition. Is there anything of comparable quality still on the market?

WEL

Reply to
lubarsky

Take a look at:

one I bought a couple years ago is dated 1948. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The best ones I've found are these:

Harbor Freight made in China stuff, but they are actually quite nice. I got one when they were on sale for $2 and then got three more when they were on sale again. I have them loaded with way lube, cutting oil, spindle oil and one spare at the moment.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

there's a german company that makes very nice looking oilersthat I've been lusting after - here is contact info Reilang, Reinhold Langguth Metallwarenfabrik, Präzisionsapparatebau Bahnhofstrasse 60

47447 Moers

- Germany - Telefon +49 (0) 2841-9624-0 Fax +49 (0) 2841-9624-24 Internet:

e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de

if I remember right, MSC sells them at about $30 each

Reply to
William Noble

It works well for me as well.

Ignoramus6477

we have a solid brass eagle at work that is a champ, the only drawback is that the base could be wider, it is quite tippy. The next one I buy will get a piece added to the bottom to fix this

Reply to
Jon

Thanks, that's what I am looking for. I had better buy them now before they go out of production.

WEL

Reply to
lubarsky

Harbor freight? Whodathunkit!

WEL

Reply to
lubarsky

I have been happy with quite a few of their tools, that includes most air tools (except for stapler/nailer combo), hand tools etc.

Ignoramus6477

The brass ones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED them.

Gunner

Gunner

Same here. About 5 of them around the shop

Gunner

Gunner

Man, I have *so* many old oil cans! I used to collect them, now I've got *way* too many.

No question a tall, they used to make these cooler than they do today.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
William Noble

Let's see if I've got this correct -

Your only actual complaint in that rant is that the spout loosens up, so instead of doing what the rest of us would do and just clean and reassemble with a little removable Locktite, you decide the whole thing is crap and throw it out?

Turn in your tools sir, your RCM license is being revoked.

Pete C.

PS: What do you propose we purchase for a better quality product for 3x the price i.e. $6?

Reply to
Pete C.

MSC # 06623086 if you care to stick to that particular price. Made in USA, even...

I got some a few years back which were, IIRC, made in India, and seem fine - brass pump, steel can, two spouts provided (flexible and rigid).

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Poor choice. I've seen those and regardless of where they are made, the pump is lousy for controlled applications it does nothing and then gushes, and that flex spout tends to disintegrate.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

aah, did that - metal is soft, spout loosens up again - it's ok for $3, but I would prefer somethign with a better pump, and better material. Still wondering about springing for the german ones.....

Reply to
William Noble

Dutton-Lainson makes some fairly nice ones under the Golden Rod brand name.

Reply to
marc.britten