Question about 1-2-3 blocks

I rented a video on the use of the horizontal mill, by Rudy Kouhoupt, in which he used 1-2-3 blocks in a set-up. So, I bought a set and I'm confused. There are 3/8 UNC tapped holes in the blocks, but the other holes are .350. Now, Rudy bolted 2 blocks together by passing a bolt through the hole in one block into the tapped hole in the other. But how do you get a 3/8 bolt through a .350 hole? Or, if you pass a 5/16 bolt through the .350 hole, how do you thread it into the 3/8 threads?

The only way I can see to bolt these together is with 5/16 bolts and nuts through .350 holes in both blocks. But then what are the 3/8 tapped holes for?

Am I missing something, or is this a Chinese gotcha?


Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Loading thread data ...

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.