Questions about burn injuries from oxyacetylene flames

Hi:
Let's say and oxy-acetylene neutral flame is aimed at me at close range.
If the fire is aimed at the middle of my forehead, how long will the
pain last? How long will it take to lose consciousness [from direct thermal injury to brain]? How long to die from thermal brain injury?
If the fire is aimed at the middle of my chest, how long will it take for the flames to burn into my heart? How long to become unconscious - due to brain anoxia from heat-induced cardiac failure? How long to die from thermal heart injury?
Please don't be disturbed by my questions. I have no applications in them. I am just in it for the science.
Thanks,
Radium

The only thing I can tell you about an oxy/acet flame is that if one is waved past your elbow, in direct contact, but just VERY briefly, you'll receive a burn that will take one hell of a long time to heal.
Don't ask!
Harold

Well if you really want to know, get a ticket to Iraq and someone from al qaeda might just show you.
Wes

"It looks dangerous. You better go first."
EyeGore from Young Frankenstein
<snip>

Better yet don't feed the troll - he posts these sorts of questions frequently on sci.chem usually with a bunch of cross posts and just seems to be looking for attention.
Mike
If I am not the only one concerned by this post then there are some sick people out there. As to the "scientific" side of the issue, there are dozens of variables to consider such as distance to target from end of flame, exact flame temp, thickness of flesh at point of "impact" as it were, age of subject, fitness of subject (in regards to the heart failure), and so on. But unless you are the next Hitler, I would be concerned either way as to why you would ask such a question.
Rian DBC Pyrotechnics www.dbcpyrotechnics.com
" Everyone is entitled to be stupid but you're abusing the privilege."

I am interested in cases where thermal-burns [without associated non- thermal injuries (such as smoke inhalation or blast injury)] -- caused only by direct open contact with charless, ashless, sootless, ember- less, smokeless, non-toxic, non-explosive flames [but no heat source other than the flames] -- did not cause any significant suffering in the otherwise-healthy victim [who also does not develop post-burn infection], despite the victim being fully-conscious, awake, & alert and not having any medical conditions that would eliminate or decrease perception of pain.

Have you ever considered medical groups or pathology groups?
I didn't think so.
This one has to do with metalworking.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Of COURSE not, those sorts of groups have TRAINED PROFESSIONALS whose JOB is to spot pathology when they see it! They'd start asking the exact questions this guy doesn't want asked!
Jon