radiator fitting question

I took the radiator out to have a leak fixed. Put it back in. The lower oil cooler line as I was tightening it felt like it was "striped" I took it out and it seemed to tighten when I put it back in but now I am worried about it.

I drove it about 20 miles today with no problems.

Does anyone know the sizr of the thread? I am thinking of purchasing a tap to clean the threads. Or should I just leave it alone?

Reply to
stryped

Better leave it alone. There is probably a seat in there for the line.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Reply to
JR North

Reply to
stryped

Oh, that's easy then. You need a pan to catch the oil and an electric pump to cycle it back into the engine. You should probably use at least a 220v pump to be sure it's got enough power, three-phase would be better, and a long extension cord to plug it in as you go.

A big enough pan would mean that you wouldn't have to keep getting out and switching the cord from one house to another, just overfill the crankcase with whatever the pan will hold and pump it back at each stop. Most modern crankcases will easily hold ten or twelve quarts of oil, that should be enough.

John

Reply to
JohnM