REQ: source for aluminum T-slot

Hello,

I am looking for a source for inexpensive extruded aluminum T-slot at least 12" wide. T-slots can be on only one side. I don't need anything high precision.

Thanks

Reply to
Dev Null

I'm not always quick on the takeup, but I see two different possibilities here. If looking for something that might be described as being like part of a machine table, check Mitee-Bite.

mj

Reply to
michael

I'm not sure what inexpensive is in this case, but this sort of thing is offered by several of the mfrs of aluminum framing systems. Item, 80-20, Bosch, MK, etc. This page has links to several of these companies.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Reply to
Machineman

Hello, Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

"Donald" wrote in news:c7vs73$79n$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chatlink.com:

Reply to
Dev Null

Hello, This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

Machineman wrote in news:e9Moc.9668$ snipped-for-privacy@fe28.usenetserver.com:

Reply to
Dev Null

Hello, Thanks for the leads. I googled a few of these but many only had T-slot "posts" or "beams", no "tables". I'll check out some more.

Ned Simmons wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.suscom-maine.net:

Reply to
Dev Null

I know Item has what they call a "Bed Plate Profile". The extrusions interlock to make a t-slotted bed of any width.

0.0.465.80 & 0.0.465.80 are the part numbers for 152mm and 55mm wide profiles. Here they are...

Item's USA number is 888.729.4500

I'm not as familiar with the other mfr's lines, but expect Bosch, 80-20, and a few of the others will have something similar. The catalogs of these companies are quite extensive, so it may be worth a call to lay out your requirements -- I never would have found the Item profile in the online catalog if I didn't have the print catalog in front of me.

80-20 is the only aluminum extrusion system I'm aware of that's made to inch dimensions, if that's a consideration.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons