Resistance soldering

I just finished something similar to the project found here

I can tell you it works. I didn't chronicle the construction, but will probably post pics tomorrow.

I used this transformer 227-0145 6K120VBR from Allied Electronics

I also purchased this foot switch 842-6091 T-91-S, only to find I had one

I routed the power through a rocker switch, and a relay, so the foot switch fires the relay. I have a power light and a range switch - the transformer is center tapped.

Most of the stuff I had lying around (suprise) and built a box out of oak scraps (drawer bottoms).

Anyway, I was able to to actually make some solder flow. It will take some practice it looks like.

I have what will probably be several lifetime supplies of the 1/8" rods, so if you want some for postage - should you try this, drop me an email.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill