Ridgid tubing cutter 205

Yesterday I bought an older Ridgid tubing cutter, model 205, cast zinc, opens to 2-3/8" (2" pipe) and has 4 rollers. It needed a new cutter wheel screw which I made. It's meant for copper and aluminum, but the steel and stainless cutter #33190 is alleged to fit it and cut EMT as well as steel fence posts, so I ordered one. Some reviewers reported breaking the tool (which?) when they tried cutting steel, perhaps from inexperience? Does anyone know about this combination?

The preferred way to cut EMT was said to be nick it enough to break it, avoiding an inside burr. Comments? Thx, jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Ridgid still makes this cutter. Their 205 spec says it's for soft metal tubing, plus EMT, so you are likely OK. This issue is frame strength, not the cutter per se.

.

Look for the Specifications pdf under Documents.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Ridgid still makes this cutter. Their 205 spec says it's for soft metal tubing, plus EMT, so you are likely OK. This issue is frame strength, not the cutter per se.

.

Look for the Specifications pdf under Documents.

Joe Gwinn

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins