Russian scrap metal press machine

Ignoramus11230

I wonder if Drew Peterson has one of them iggy?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Fraser

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 23:56:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus11230 quickly quoth:

Hey, it's painted Grizzly Green! Cool toy. Got one yet, Ig? ;)

-- Jewish Zen: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?

- Uncomplicated Website Design, here and now.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

they paint almost everything in this color.

Would be cool to have this one to compact my Bridgeport and drill press made chips. :)

Right now I just toss them into trash.

Reply to
Ignoramus27232

This Russian chip compactor is being operated by Asians, and has Asian nomenclature...

Reply to
Jon

"Jon" wrote in message news:PAsck.812$4a3.82@trnddc04...

Maybe it's southeast Russia. Neat machine, I wonder where I could get one? Looks like a manufactured (rather than shop built) machine. There is another one in the background to the left.

Lathe/drill turnings have always been "giveaway" scrap. Stuff is so light it burns off in the oven when they try to melt it. My old vertical boring mill produced around 1500 lbs per day, so turning it into saleable scrap would pay for the machine in short order.

Reply to
BillM

That is weird. It's not possible for russians to sell a machine to the chinese, where a video was made.

It must be actors, or computer graphics.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

We got one of these. They work great

JockoBailey

I mean this one

JockoBailey

The machine is impressive.

The cart load of swarf is even more so.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I've seen a US website recently where they compact soda cans (same problem) down to an extruded, 3" diameter bar which then melts nicely, with loss around 5-10%.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:49:28 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "JockoBailey" quickly quoth:

The link got hung up on this one. I'm glad you reposted.

Kinda like a rabbit, always putting out pellets...

Reply to
Larry Jaques