Satelite tv remote antenna

Dish network came and installed satelite service. On a few of the back room tv's there are little antennas for the remote coing out of a splitter.

All of a sudden, unless the remote is almost touching the little antenna, the remote wont work the satelite from the back bedrooms.

I looked at the back of the satelite box in the bedroom and where it has a jack for the antenna is a coax. SO I assume somehow they are running these remote antennas through the coax.

So, what is my best was to fix this thing?

Also, looking at his installation it is weird. It almost looks as if he used a three way splitter as a diplexer, with sat and over the air antenna hooked to the outs on the splitter and the in on the splitter going to my bedroom tv. Is it possible to use a splitter this way?

Reply to
stryped

The llittle antenna, if it's the same as my Dish box, is a TRANSMITTING antenna for using a remote tv in another room off of that box. The remote tv is set to channel 73 or somesuch and you can use the tuner in the living room, or wherever it is, without having to run a cable to the other room. I wasn't really happy with that set up so I went up into the attic and put a splitter in the main line from the dish and put another box in the front bedroom.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

You let them put a TV TRANSMITTER in your bedroom???

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

IF the sat signal is on a channel not used locally, then the splitter used as a combiner should work Respectfully, Ron Moore

-SNIP-

Reply to
Ron Moore

No it's in the living room and is part of the master dvr converter. It has a range of about 50 feet and is used to send a signal from the master box to a tv in another room. I don't use it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler