Satin coat sheet metal

My project is to replace a front floor pan on one side and insert a flush patch in the pan on the other side of a '68 Austin suing a home type mig welder. I have some satin coat steel sheet 0.035 in thick and I understand that this material has a zinc coating rolled onto it. What is the weldability of this material, and the danger, if any, of the coating? Any suggestions on minimzing potential problems? This question has also been posted on the welding newsgroup (their activity is slower than here). Thanks in advance for any help. Ray

Reply to
Ray Field