Satin coat sheet metal

Can satin coat be safely welded with mig? My project is to replace a front floor pan in a '68 car on one side and fit a flush patch on the other side. I have some satin coat sheet of suitable thickness (0.035 inch) and a home type mig welder. I hear that satincoat is a zinc coating rolled into the base metal. What is it's weldability, suitability, and any dangers? Any hints or tips are appreciated. Ray

Reply to
Ray Field