SATIN CHROME FINISH

My machine has dials in a matte finish, some refer to as " satin chrome" All the handles are bright chrome, and I want to reduce the glare- is there a method to satinize the bright chrome, or is that matte finish on the dials done in another type of plating? Thanks

Reply to
JimInsolo

All of mine are "satin rust finish" so the glare doesn't hurt my eyes, but I've taken the glare off other polished metals simply by lightly air-blasting with silica flour. (many-times-used glass bead media will work with extra care not to over-do)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Lloyd, Thanks- I will contact a local media blaster Jim

Reply to
JimInsolo

A satin finish is achieved by gritblasting before plating. You might be able to dull it a little by light blasting, but you risk blasting the plating off and may need to have it re-plated after blasting.

Reply to
Don Foreman