need someone who can do oddball threading

I need an oddball thread cut onto an aluminum shaft. My Sherline lathe isn't big enough, or powerful enough, to do the job. I can supply you with the parts, with the protruding part to be threaded turned down to size. It might, however, be cheaper to have you make the entire part, so that I am not paying for shipping to send parts to you, and then have you ship them back.

It is a cylinder 1.870" diameter (+- .002"), and 1.50" (+- .02") long, with a .45" long threaded protrusion from the center of one face. The protrusion has a 1.083" major diameter, 14 threads per inch. There does not seem to be a standard die for this, although it is just a bit larger than 1 1/16"-14--which is a standard British pipe thread.

Quote me a price for 10, 25, and 50 pieces, either you supplying the aluminum, cutting, and turning it to size, then threading the end, or me supplying you with pieces already cut, turned, and with the unthreaded protrusion.

Clayton E. Cramer ScopeRoller snipped-for-privacy@claytoncramer.com

Reply to
clayton

And you are in Western Australia?

Dan

snipped-for-privacy@clayt> I need an oddball thread cut onto an aluminum shaft.

Reply to
dcaster

He's in hi-dee-ho.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Thread form? Thread start? Tolerance on threads? Relief to shoulder? Alloy? Finish? Chamfers? Will you supply a mating sample part or a go-nogo gage?

You had better specify all your acceptance criteria, or else you and/or your supplier are in for disaster.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch