saw blade teeth angels and shape

Who knows about a technical theory to manipulate saw blade teeth angels and shape, for cutting metal?

Reply to
Behrouz Amanipour

Shall we assume you're talking about saw blades meant to be used on woodworking equipment such as a table saw or hand held circular saw?

If so, why not just buy the correct blade? There are numerous types of carbide used on saw blades. They are not necessarily the same for woodworking versus metalworking blades. Steel cutting saw blades need to be tough to withstand high impact forces whereas woodworking blades need to stay sharp for a good finish. Different animals.

Anyway, the important angle is the hook angle (a metalworker would call it a rake angle). You want negative rake for metal and positive rake for wood.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

"Behrouz Amanipour" wrote: (clip) saw blade teeth angels (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^ How can I get some of these angels to hover over my saw?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Ask Google!

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Thanks for your explanations. But what I meant was for saw blade processing. Imagine that we want to manufacture saw blades out of metalic raw disks and we have a machnery that will process the blades with our desired angles; any formula for tooth angels for different purpose saw blades?

Reply to
Behrouz Amanipour

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in news:k1Adc.2355 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Sure didn't have any of those angels (sic) in the blade that cut my finger!

Reply to
Hitch