Scales required for milling machine

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get some scales for X and Y movement of my milling machine. (need approx. 250mm in x direction and 150mm in y).

I can make the digital readout ok but need the scales. Alternately, a web site that might have a homebrew version using maybe a rotary encoder and some form of linear to rotary mechanism to drive the shaft.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
David

Don Foreman

Poke arond here:

This is sort of an "open-source" DRO project. There are links to some use-groups that talk about scales for this DRO. There were also some discount optiondiscussed for cheap Chinese scales and also for higher quality ones as well.

Reply to
lens

Thanks

That is what I was look> Poke arond here:

Reply to
David

So this one would be "too much time"?

Nick