Score for PIM

I managed to actually finish another project. The finger treadle in Projects in Metal, June 1991.

Available on the web at

and selecting "projects" from the menu.

Boy, I've got some catching up to do.

There's few things more grand in life than enjoying watching your kids grow up, and a bit o shop time.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

It would be preferable if your thumbnails were linked to more realistic sized images rather than constraining the massive image files you are using at present, one picked at random, sizes out at 2048 x 1536 pixels, 876k as a jpg, 9 meg unpacked!

Apart from that, very pretty work.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

You've got a lot of catching up to do when it comes to web page design.

Over 800K for images that should be no larger than 20K. You've got to be kidding. Even with my cable modem I don't want to hang around for that. And forget it with a 56K modem. Abrasha

Abrasha

Say, are you interested in a scrap surface grinder? Its still there.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

"John Hofstad-Parkhill" wrote in news:1yoOb.361$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Nice work John, you've come a long way! Only comment, pictures must be huge? I have a high speed connection and the pics are painfully slow to load. Perhaps try something less than 100k in size? I be the landline folks are bailing out right away.... Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

I've resized the images. Sorry about that. I guess I could have used simple math, but I don't have any idea how long it takes the outside world, besides apparantly _way_ too long.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Definately.

Is it accessable now? Or is this a wait until the snow melts?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Good work!

But several other links on your site (such as the jewelery link on the first page and the CNC mill link) attempt to resolve to 192.168 addresses which won't go very far outside of your LAN.

-- Joe

-- Joseph M. Krzeszewski Mechanical Engineering and stuff snipped-for-privacy@wpi.edu Jack of All Trades, Master of None... Yet

Reply to
jski