Seeking Decent Precision Screwdriver Set

I have a POS set something like this:

but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Want the worl'd best?

I bought crapsman for years then popped for a couple of these wiha-softfinish screwdrivers. Had to throw all the other screwdrivers away. you won't believe the difference,

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I've had a set of Generals for ages and they just keep on going.

Artemus

Find yourself a Wiha set. I have the #75991 set and it is very high quality (USA and German).

Pete C.

Sears craftsman brand is not bad.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

My wife got me a big screwdriver set several years ago. It included the Stanley set in the yellow window box shown in the Amazon ad at the URL you linked to. It is a set: Stanley 66-052 Precision Screwdriver Set, 6-Piece. They get used both at home and at the plant and are still working just fine.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

I'm happy with my set from Sears. Don't forget to get an itty-bitty hammer to hit them with! ...and some itty-bitty band-aids for when you miss.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have a set made by BERGEON - I've had it for decades, use it to work on watches, - separate handle for each size tip, little tube of replacement tips for each size - really nice

Reply to
William Noble

Wiha drivers are terrific, I was just using mine today. I always enjoy even looking at them as their neat cloth roll opens. Sears has a line that seems pretty much like the Wiha. They are available singly, there should be a rack of them at your local store.

Reply to
DT

These worked well for me, also, so far.

Ignoramus25981

Not laughing! I have a different set from HF that I've found to be completely satisfactory, and I use them quite often.

Reply to
Don Foreman

That's another nice thing about the sets from HF: they're disposable. I use them as little prybars, chisels, whatever. I continue to be amazed that my flagrant abuse doesn't seem to faze them.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Check Brownell's and maybe MidwayUSA for gunsmith screwdriver sets. You didn't define how much money is too much, did you? No, you didn't, mmm.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Wiha are great, have a set too - but they aren't "precision" - if precision means tiny for jewlery and watches and stuff what did the OP mean by Precision anyway, I won'der

Reply to
William Noble

Larray couldn't stand using them if I praise them too. The WIHA PicoFinish line is what I have for tiny stuff. Great!

Besides having the robust and "normal" Wera screwdrivers.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Not precision?

Then I don't know your requirements.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

My local doitbest hw dealer has been selling them for 14.97 for a year now. I'm buying 5 more sets for gifts this year.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

The batch sears had in last year, had phillips with a flat on the point so wide that you couldn't get an appropriate sized screw driver into the screw. I bought 5 sets and took them back.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Ive been using that exact set for work for at least 4 yrs. Still havent broken one or messed up a Phillips

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner