ShopFox lathe update

The new lathe arrived last evening from Woodstock International.

It's new. Paint is good. Gap block was match-ground to the bed. Motor circuitry was correctly done, and ran the first time. All gearboxes were filled with oil. No missing parts, no loose bearings, no garbage in the chip tray.

The coolant pump switch is mis-adjusted (runs, but has to be "twiddled" to top-dead-center), but that just takes pulling an escutcheon panel to fix.

They did it all at their expense, and cut me a refund to cover expenses and trouble.

Considering I expected a several-weeks-long fight over this, they have turned me around. They may sell "economy" Chinese hardware, but their customer service is top-class.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I am delighted for you!

Ignoramus23186

The quality of a lot of "economy" Chinese hardware has been steadily improving over the years as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

It's a shame they didn't catch that, too. DO tell them.

That's excellent, LLoyd. Congrats. May it live a long, troublefree life.

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote: (...)

Best of all, their management reads RCM!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The People's Republic of China thanks you very much.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

LOL. I was wondering about that.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I should have said *apparently* reads RCM.

(Guffaw)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Thanks for closing the loop. Glad to hear of your good outcome.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee