Slip Roll - Aluminum?

We're a small shop and we're looking to purchase a machine to roll parts.
I'd need something with the capacity to roll 1/8 inch aluminum. Width
wouldn't need to be more than 18 inches--the more, the better but not
necessary. Manual (hand crank) is also fine.
Do any of you know of a slip roll that would handle 1/8 aluminum, or is my
only option a plate roller? There's a pretty big jump in price from slip
rolls to plate rollers, and I can't justify the cost of a plate roller.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Brian
Reply to
Brian
Build one, its not that hard. I built the roller that is shown on metalweb news in their dropbox. It does an excellent job on 3/16 aluminum up to 24" wide.
Bert
Reply to
Bert Plank
that's interesting. bert, could you point me to the article itself? i went to metalweb news and though i COULD search their site for it, it would be a lot easier if there was a direct link to the article, or even a file name to search for. (it seems metalwebnews.com and metalworking.com are two separate entities and the "dropbox" at metalworking.com is *HUGE* and comprises several years worth of "drops".)
b.w.
Reply to
William Wixon
OK ... MetalWebNews
does not have a drop box, per se. They do have various submitted projects, including a "METAL FABRICATION [Forming, Assembly, etc.]" section
. That section has a roller in it
, but the "author" is Arnie Deeds, not Bert Plank.
There is DropBox at metalworking.com
, but a search of the current list, as well as the 1997-2004 archives on "slip" & "roll" did not turn up a roller by Bert Plank.
So Bert, could you be a *little* more specific about where your roller is posted?
Thanks, Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt