Small fuses? Mastech HY3005

Thanks... I checked out Caswell and they do not have a "zinc plating kit", as such. Probably for some good reason.

Is it true that for copper plating, all I need is copper sulphate (sulfate), and a copper anode? Also, can steel be copper plated? If so, I would like to try that first.

I will try to read a little about plating, as Caswell sells components that I already have (such as water heaters and plastic buckets and power supplies). I would prefer to buy chemicals alone.

Ignoramus2206

According to Don Foreman :

It will work so easily that if you just dip a clean bright nail into the copper sulfate with no anode, and no current, you will get a light copper plate on the steel. I did that back in junior high school, IIRC.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Try scrubbing that to see how adherent it is.

Reply to
Don Foreman

According to Don Foreman :

[ ... copper plating ... ]

I remember -- it only took my fingers to rub it off -- but it

*did* plate and look pretty for a short while. :-)

Presumably, the current increases the plating thickness, and perhaps some additives increase the binding.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols