Need printer/plotter

I am using an old version of Vellum on my PC, and I need a printer or plotter that can handle B-size drawings for making check prints. Larger sizes or final prints I can have sent out.

Anyone have any suggestions that don't break the bank?

Bob

Reply to
crwisch

Slow but steady, Epson FX-100 - or any other wide carriage dot matrix printer.

Even the old 9 pin printers can draw very well - depending on the drivers.

Reply to
Richard Lamb

If you've got the space, the old HP 4MVs are tough to kill and pretty reasonably priced. I bought a refurbed unit with low page count on ebay several years ago and have been very happy with it. Toner cartridges and parts are still readily available. Though you can live without it, an

11x17 tray and large capacity bottom feeder are worth having.

Also pay attention to the network card. They are easily swappable, but there are a couple different models with varying features.

I do have a D-size plotter as well, but I don't even remember the last time I turned it on.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I have an old C'size pen plotter from HP. Uses level 1 hpgl and drivers are still available for a price but are often included with the software. I bought it to use as a testbed for building a larger xy table but got sidetracked by a heart attack and a life style change.

The machine still works fine and there are lots of pens with it. It can also be a good vinyl cutter with a cutting pen.

Ping me in this enwsgroup if you (or anyone else) are interested.

dp

Reply to
Dennis Peterson

Where do you live ? or can you buy brand new ?

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I have a workhorse 4MV 11x17, 500 sheet letter, 200 sheet A size. And in the shop I have a 5Si ex I believe the ex is the last two letters - it is a 11x17 & letter. Both business grade - ink is expensive but last forever. I think of nothing if I need to print 500 sheets of something or unique library cards for our books - 3700 and counting!

In the San Jose greater area there are stores - but E-bay and maybe overstock has them.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Ned Simm> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

My 6 pen, 42" CalComp DesignMate would do the job. It will roll a sheet up to 72" long. I bought it for its many advantages over inkjet plotters. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

I just scrapped my almost unused HP pen plotter before Christmas. I offered it to anyone who wanted to pick it up in Waterloo Ontario, and had no takers.

***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca