Re: Plotter

If you'll note to us what the maximum size plot you need is that would help with recommendations. But failing that, I'd say the HP 750C should fill the bill. Don't confuse it with the HP 350C which is a POS.

'Sporky'

Jimmy Koh wrote:

> Hi all > > I'm in the process of buying a plotter for my group using SW2004. > Would like some recommendations from the group. > My price range is btw 4500 to 7000 > > Any advise would be greatly appreciated. > Thanks > > Jimmy
Reply to
Sporkman

The 450C doesn't like SW it is quite hard to figure out which orientation will actually print out. It is never what you think. In my Acad days we used a CalComp but I had heard they went out of buisness. Never used it with SW but it was reliable and consistent.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey,

Strange! I have had my 450C for several years and never had a problem like that or any other problem for that matter. I have been quite happy with it and it has plotted many thousands of prints. I would buy another one in a minute if it were still being made.

If you are having rotate problems, I would like to suggest something. Go to your printer/fax folder. Right click on the 450C and click properties. Then go Printing Preferences> Advanced Tab> and check Autorotate. That is the way mine is setup and I have NEVER had to tell it which orientation to print, from within an application (such as SW). I just select the correct paper size then click print and regardless of whether it is portrait or landscape, it will print correctly.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I will try that.

Part of our problem here is we standardized on A size and now use the plotter for only about 1 or 2 prints a month, hardly enough to ever remember what the settings should be.

Corey

orientation

Reply to
Corey Scheich