Printing problem

Anybody else trying to print and getting just the letters "IB" on the top line, with no drawing? If I try to print a second time it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
mz

Ok, you people that are smarter than I am. I've a X6800 Intel box with 4 GB memory and a HP 5000GN Laser Printer, using SWX '07 2.2 on XP SP2. I can't seem to get SWX to print the drawing view. If I print the drawing in portrait mode on an 11x17 page (the long axis of the drawing aligned to the short axis of the page..opposite the normal direction) every thing prints fine..the sheet format, the drawing view and all that. If I print the same drawing with the same setup in landscape mode (the long axis of the print aligned with the long page axis), everything EXCEPT the drawing view prints; Balloons, BOM, page format This happens with any drawing, be it a detail of an assembly. Would anyone care to suggest a place to look to correct this problem? R. Wink

Reply to
R Wink

Is it possible that the program will only allow you to print views that are completely visible in the window? It may be that if the edge of the paper truncates the view, it isn't allowed to print. Just a thought. That may not be the real problem, but it is an idea.

Bruce B.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Well, that wasn't it. I reduced the scale to bring the view entirely within the sheet format and printed. Everything but the view printer when printed in alignment with the sheet but everything printed when across the page. Thanks but no go. R. Wink

Reply to
R Wink

Do other programs print ok in either direction. Check to make sure that the PAGE SETUP in PRINT is set to landscape as well as in the properties of the printer. If all else fails, save the drawings as a PDF and print out of Adobe reader./

As a note. all of the other programs (AutoCAD, Office, a couple of other CAD programs and some general drawing programs) work as they should and print the full page. SWX is the only program that doesn't and only on this printer. It prints well to my wireless HP 750C and to a TI "all-in-one" color printer though the TI is letter size only. The HP can produce a color or B&W in any size and orientation the same as the TI. It seems to be something with this printer thought I'm using the same SWX rev at another place and with the same printer without problems. Might it be the print driver? R. Wink

Reply to
R Wink