Small stepper motor

I need to find some stepper motors about 3/8 inch in diameter to drive a microscope stage. The length is not too much a factor as long as they are less than inch and half long. They need to be low profile because they will be on top of the stage. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Gordon Couger Stillwater, OK

Gordon Couger

Old floppy drive? Old hard disk(?), Old tape drives, old laser/dotmatrix/inkjet printer.

Reply to
Terry Collins

How 'bout the galvo' stepper from a CD player? 'tis tiny in most.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Usually if it has six wires, then it is most probably a stepper motor.

Floppy drive ones are interesting because most have a grooved shaft, which might save the hacker trying to set up belts and cogs.

The most interesting was a linear drive I one found in an IBM floppy.

Reply to
Terry Collins

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I have not looked, but you might look at a Quartz clock from the Goodwill. I think the cd-rom steppers are bigger than what you want.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster