Small stepper motor

I need to find some stepper motors about 3/8 inch in diameter to drive a microscope stage. The length is not too much a factor as
long as they are less than inch and half long. They need to be low profile because they will be on top of the stage. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks Gordon Couger Stillwater, OK www.couger.com/gcouger
Gordon Couger wrote:

Old floppy drive? Old hard disk(?), Old tape drives, old laser/dotmatrix/inkjet printer.

How 'bout the galvo' stepper from a CD player? 'tis tiny in most.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Usually if it has six wires, then it is most probably a stepper motor.
Floppy drive ones are interesting because most have a grooved shaft, which might save the hacker trying to set up belts and cogs.
The most interesting was a linear drive I one found in an IBM floppy.
Check www.edmundoptics.com; large supplier of optical accessories.
Bob Swinney

I have not looked, but you might look at a Quartz clock from the Goodwill. I think the cd-rom steppers are bigger than what you want.
Dan