Source for small copper hex rod

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for copper hexagonal rod, sizes under 1/4". While I'm asking for unobtanium, I need it in oxygen free, preferably electronic grade. Can't find any with my usual sources and googling it doesn't get me very far.

Reply to
Carl M

Check with BMG Metals -

- and see if they have it. If not they can probably point you in the right direction.

Reply to
Al Patrick

Says brass, but also says its 99.9% copper:

From germany:
Google says this is there, but it doesn't come up: Farmer's Copper, Brass Products, Shape : Rod / Bar Search for, Phone: 800.231.9450, e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@farmers-copper.com ... For Stock sizes (Hexagonal), click here. Alloy 360 - Free cutting brass ...

China:

Maybe you can find a copper nut manufacturer willing to part with some base stock.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

He's wanting some under 1/4". Seems these sources start at about 1/4" and go up

- at least the first two. At least one mentioned "machinable" and "hard drawn" which is probably what he is looking for. Some electrical wire, especially bare copper, is hard drawn. Perhaps he needs to check with a wire manufacturer. If he needs enough of it they could produce it for him. It might be as simple as extruding it through a hex opening.

Reply to
Al Patrick

Drawplate.

Reply to
_

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

it. =A0If not they

I called, thinking: what did I have to lose? They pointed me to someone else, who said that in any copper alloy nobody made anything below 1/4" unless I wanted to have a run made, with a 2000 pound minimum order. This is a possibility to solve a research problem that I might propose, but wanted to make sure it was a possibility first. Move on to another idea, I suppose. I only need a little bit to try the idea.

Thanks to all of you for your time; it's much appreciated.

Reply to
Carl M