Southbend Lathe book

I'm looking for a photo-copy of the title page and the contents (reverse side) of an old book published by McGraw-Hill "How to run a lathe" by JJ O'Brien and MW O'Brien. It is probably about 1930. Chapter

1 starts on an early tree lathe and most of the content is on southbend lathes. Many thanks.
Reply to
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I have a reprint of the 1942 edition (reprinted by Lindsay). I can scan and e-mail you the two pages if they're what you're looking for. Send me an e-mail ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) if they are.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

This book appeared in many editions throughout the 1900s. My oldest was dated

1944, and was the 43rd edition. I own several editions (probably need to thin the herd a little) but I have noticed little change between them. All editions open with the early tree lathe graphic. You are welcome to a scanned copy of my 43rd edition's title/contents pages but they are marked with their former owner's name in ink, and also have additional staining.

If anyone wants a mint never used version of this book contact me off line by visiting

and we'll work something out. At least 2 available.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant Erwin wrote in article ...

Why should anyone buy one when you've already violated the copyright and offered a free scanned version?

Reply to
*

You realize that reprints of that book are readily available from a variety of sources, less than $10?

- - Rex Burkheimer WM Automotive Fort Worth TX

Gav> I'm looking for a photo-copy of the title page and the contents

Reply to
Rex B

Why would anyone jump to the conclusion that a 1930's copyright is still valid before checking rudimentary facts?

  • wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

Reply to
Grant Erwin

see

for sku 21150 @ 7.95$US

All the Lindsay books are good, although some are a little "strange."

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Or from Kew Bridge steam museum last August for IIRC, 7.95 GBP Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller