Speeds / Feeds / Depth

I had received an e-mail recently saying the G-Wizard was going to go to a subscription basis. It sure sounded like you would have to pay every year to continue to use it. I don't mind paying a fair price for a copy, but paying for a license to use it every year sounded a bit excessive to me. It started me on a hunt for a speed/feed/depth calculator to replace it. I found a reference to a freeware program called ME Consultant 2.0 on an old conversation from 2003 on CNC Zone.

I found a copy here:

I scanned the download with Avast, but you should scan it too just to be safe.

It seems to work similar to G-wizard except totally free. I noticed there is no accounting for horsepower. In small cutters that's not an issue, but in bigger cutters that could be a problem. I figured take its numbers and stay conservative. G-wizard gives me numbers some times anyway that I know will plug and break a cutter.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I found the subscription model of little interest. It's a nice clean product, but for the few times I'd actually be using it, I would have to think twice about a one time purchase at the asking price. I politely expressed my thoughts to the author, never got a reply. Oh well...

I have Jim Rowe's excellent Machinist Journeyman in both inch and hard metric versions on my Ipod Touch, $20 for both, lifetime free updates.

Went to D/L ME-Consultant, and discovered I already had but never got around to installing. Guess I'll give it a go now!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Same here.

That might be interesting I wonder if it will run on my Droid.

LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've been using the ME-consultant for some time now, Always gives me good numbers. at least to start with.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy