Spot welders?

--Hi gang. I'm looking to get my hands on a spot welder. 220v single phase power available and hope to get something I can put on a pestal (I'll make one) and use to tack stuff together, probably no more than 1/16" thick but ya never know. I understand that a decent machine has variable current and variable time control and that would seem to be the minimum requirement bey ond enough power to get the job done. Recommendations welcome.

Reply to
SteamboatEd Haas

Ed - there was a thread on this group a year or two ago about the trouble a fellow was having with aluminum on one of Miller's small spot welders. You might find that if you can find an historical source. Google maybe?

Hul

SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Thanks for all the input gang! As it turns out I found a Miller on the Next door network, less than 10 miles from my digs. It's 220v and has the Miller stand with the foot pedal. I got an extra pair of arms including one for g etting inside deep stuff. All I had to do to get it working in my shop was change the plug to a proper twist lock type. Happy happy!

Reply to
SteamboatEd Haas