Spring Identification

Would anyone know of the description of the spring pictured at

... and where I could buy a few of them?

Regards Rob

Reply to
Rob Hammond

I don't know what they are properly called--however I've seen them in the textile industry, in several size ranges, used to hold yarn spiral wound ("universal wound") on cardboard, phenolic, or metal tubes for both winding and paying off into other processes (from "creels").

You may want to look around at textile manufacturer's (and supplier's) sites.

-cliff knight-

Reply to
Cliff Knight

How big is it? I've seen similar things on ends of some fasteners(auto-related). The ones I've seen were maybe 5/16" long.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer

Hi Stan

I'd be looking for some with max o.d. about 11/16 so the length would be about 2 to 3 inches I suppose.

In message , Stan Schaefer writes

Reply to
Rob Hammond