Stainless braided hose suppliers

I am looking for made up hoses that are stainless steel braid 22" in length with straight stainless steel 3/16" inverted flare male ends (common automotive brake line fitting) on both ends. They are for the trim/tilt cylinder of a sterndrive. I think the working pressure is

1200-1500psi. Currently my dealer is charging almost $100.00 each. Does anyone know where I might source these, I would only be needing 3-4 of them. Thanks
Reply to
mark

Try Summit Racing:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Mark, I know you don't believe it, but that's a fair price. The fitting cost is $20-35 each, plus the hose at $3.50 a foot and the labor to assemble and test.

The fitting type you need is JIC. JIC fittings use a 37.5 degree flare angle. (Automotive fittings and refrigeration fittings are

45 degree) JIC fittings are commonly referred to as AN fittings (ARMY/NAVY), but that is incorrect. These are made in normal steel, anodized aluminum, brass and stainless steel. Automotive fittings are only made in steel and brass and are not suitable for marine use. Please note you will need the mating fittings that attach at either end as well. As one responder has mentioned, these fittings can be found at SUMMIT Racing, but be aware that there are differences in ID by different manufacturers. For instance, do not expect that hose from Earls will fit Aeroquip fittings....it doesn't. Summit will supply in Aluminum, brass and steel. If you want to do this correctly see snipped-for-privacy@air-way.com Air-Way Manufacturing Co. She will sort you out. Please also note that there are huge differences in hose, be sure to pick the hose that is rated for the type of fluid you wish to use as well as the working pressures you expect. This is not so simple. Steve
Reply to
Steve Lusardi

$20-35 each, plus the hose at $3.50 a foot and the labor

gle. (Automotive fittings and refrigeration fittings are

Y), but that is incorrect. These are made in normal

are only made in steel and brass and are not suitable for

either end as well. As one responder has mentioned, these

rences in ID by different manufacturers. For instance, do

Summit will supply in Aluminum, brass and steel. If you

g Co. She will sort you out. Please also note that there

the type of fluid you wish to use as well as the working

snipped-for-privacy@e12g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

I can get them directly from the sterndrive manufacturer (Konrad) for

54 and I found a place in California for 40 (JDA Enterprises), these are made specifically for this application. I guess I won't find them cheaper than 40 bucks each.
Reply to
mark

Make sure they are stainless. Brass and normal steel can be had for that price, but stainless can be much more. Steve

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e12g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

snipped-for-privacy@l9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

is $20-35 each, plus the hose at $3.50 a foot and the

angle. (Automotive fittings and refrigeration fittings

AVY), but that is incorrect. These are made in normal

s are only made in steel and brass and are not suitable

t either end as well. As one responder has mentioned,

ferences in ID by different manufacturers. For instance,

t. Summit will supply in Aluminum, brass and steel. If

ing Co. She will sort you out. Please also note that

r the type of fluid you wish to use as well as the

snipped-for-privacy@e12g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

They are Teflon hose covered by 100% stainless braid with stainless fittings. The fittings are not JIC, they are 3/16" brake line, with

3/8"-24 inverted flare ends.
Reply to
mark

not Mercruiser, they have others also. JR Dweller in the cellar

mark wrote:

Reply to
JR North