Stainless Steel Project Help(part 2)

Pull-up force woul dbe transmitted to the following components in order: Ball-knob -> Threaded Shaft -> Pin -> Shaft Sleeve -> Center Plate -> Ball Bearings -> Delrin Cups -> Top Plate(which will be bolted to the underside of the control panel).

Actually, I don't believe that in the worst case scenario the maximum pull-up force would reach 30lbs. Even momentarily if an enraged gamer yanks the joystick upwards.

I just did a redesign that would allow the pin to protrude if necessary.

No problem. :-) If it were a problem I could create a template.

I decided to get the 27th edition:

Hopefully I'll have that this week.

Thanks.

Ok. I'll start at half the recommended rpms and work my way up.

I was looking at an MT2 tool holder. I already eyed an 3MT to 2MT sleeve to give me flexibility:

Perhaps with a 60 degree center reamer the rear of a tool holder can be shaped to fit the center in the tail stock. Lining up would then be a matter of backing the tool holder into the tail stock.

Yes. I had UPS divert it to my job in Manhattan.

(*Huge* catalog with *expensive* tools).

Thanks. :-)

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

According to :

[ ... ]

O.K. Then there is no problem.

O.K. But you should be able to find the roll pins in the right length to not need to worry about that.

O.K. Good luck with that.

O.K.

[ ... ]

O.K. That should work.

O.K. The price does not seem too bad.

Normally, a Morse taper shank should *already* have a center hole from when it was made. And center drills should suffice. No need for the center reamers.

The main question is whether the back of the shank will be within access from the center. And also, as wear builds up, there will be slop in the position of the tailstock ram and thus the center.

[ ... ]

O.K.

And some quite inexpensive things too. Look up the roll pins in the size which you need. I expect that a box of 100 will be quite well under $10.00. And look at the prices of screws. Compare the prices of a box of 100 to perhaps three or four of the same size screw in a hardware store -- especially in Home Depot. :-)

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Hopefully I won't have to worry about that for a while.

I've been carrying that catalog in my bag back and forth to work. That should supplement the dumbell work I'll be doing for my shoulders. :-)

Thanks a lot.