Stainless steel wheel nuts

Anyone like to comment on post below from uk.rec.models.engineering Lionel

My concern is not knowing whether the aproximately 2mm wall thickness of material left will be sufficiently strong enough. The intended use is on a 'show' car but will be driven (carefully) on the road.

I would not know where to start calculating, and even if I could I would not know the values of whatever forces are involved.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Lionel

Please ignore this post been reposted under.

Bolt Strength Advice - Please

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel