Fly wheel for Mashima Motor

Hi folks,

Supplied with the kit I've just got is a Mashima motor, there's no model number on it that I can see (still in it's wrapping for the moment). It's about the size of a thumbnail and has a rod coming out from both ends. Obviously the gearing goes on one end, I'm presuming that a flywheel can be fitted on the other end - although no flywheel is supplied.

Based on the scant information I've been able to provide can anyone confirm/deny my assumption re the flywheel and secondly can anyone suggest a suitable flywheel for the motor. Is to be fitted into a Peckett 060ST industrial engine so even though it's a small engine there's a reasonable amount of room inside because of the saddle tank.

Early replies most welcome as I'm sending an order into Mainly Trains this morning and would like to order the flywheel at the same time.

As always, many TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Yes you can fit a flywheel.

You need to check the diameter of the motor shaft in order to get a flywheel to suit, then I would suggest a flywheel the same diameter as the motor casing.

The shafts are either 1mm or 1.5mm diameter on the smaller motors and

2mm for bigger ones, the case diameter, ignoring the flat sides, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm or 18mm. You should be able to check these with any metric ruler. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Keith,

As always you are the font of all knowledge, Cheers.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Wilson