Artemus
Bore or ream pully to fit shaft.
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca
Do you owna lathe? Easy job to bore a pulley on the lathe. Don't even think about working on the motor shaft.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
actually, if you own a lathe, you could machine the pulley to accept a V belt
Reply to
William Noble
If the stock pulley bore is too big, you make a collar on a lathe (example:
. If the stock pulley bore is too small, you enlarge it on a lathe.
And if just right, then like Goldilocks, you are happy.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
Oops. Make that 0.672.
Reply to
Artemus
I don't own a lathe nor do I know anyone in the Portland OR area with one. I did find a 43/64 drill bit at my hardware store which is 0.472 or about 3 thou over. Is it feasible to use it and then use shim stock to take up the difference? Or am I just begging for a wobbly pulley? Art
Reply to
Artemus
Don't do it. Find a lathe and do it right. Or find a local hobby machinist and spring for a 6-pack of his choice.
Reply to
Rex
Yes to what Rex says. A drilled hole will not be very round (they're trilobal, but don't worry about it), and it will be oversize. It will have other problems. That's why we use a drill to make a rough hole and a boring tool or a reamer to finish it. A boring tool on a lathe is best.
-- Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Dang, I wish I had this many choices in used machines as the OP does in Portland!
Contact one of these guys and see if he'll do you a quicky Or buy a lathe. Some of these look like pretty good deals.
Reply to
Rex
Thanks guys. A lathe it is. Art
Reply to