pulleys R us

I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I needed a new pulley for my compressor when the new pump arrived . So I cast a

3.25" X 3" slug out of scrap aluminum and made one on the lathe . Dimensions and angles are easily found on the 'net ... and for that matter , the one on my lathe is also home made .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Have you checked your lathe?

Reply to
Pete C.

Look in your city for a place called Johnstone Supply. They are HVAC distributors, and do have some pulleys. I have account there. If they have it and won't sell you, I'll buy one and ship it to you.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you were in the UK I would suggest Challenge PT

as they have an

80.5mm OD (3.17") taper bore SPA section pulley, that's 1/2" IIRC, in 1 2 and 3 groove, that gives a 75mm pitch diameter. They seem to cover Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia but not the US. I expect that there must be a similar company in the US though. Having bought things like this recently they are so cheap off the shelf it's just not worth ones time making one unless a suitable standard one can't be found or your time is cheap and money tight.
Reply to
David Billington

Good one!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Are you still not home?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

yep, going to have to make it. Got plenty on my plate right now, didn't want to spend several hours on a $20 part.

Yep Tom, I'm back up nort'

Reply to
Karl Townsend

PrecisionmachinisT

Surplus Center Item# 1-2BK34-B It is an a-b but should give you your diameter from the a only pulley. Unless you are limited by OD.

Reply to
aasberry

I am confused. I thought the two groove pulleys can use either two A size or two B sized belts. I can not imagine anyone making a pulley that was two groove with one groove for an A size belt and the other groove for a B size belt. I think they list two diameters because the pitch diameter is different when used with an A or B size belt. Look at your Grainger catalog. It lists a single groove pulley of 3.15 outside diameter and lists A and B pitch diameters.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Yea, like you have something better to do?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You found the one I bought. Couldn't make it fit.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The "A" only pulley is 0.500 wide at the top of the pulley groove.

The "A B" is 0.625 wide at the top of the grove and plenty deep to run an "A" pulley. BUT it is wider and larger OD than the pulley runs, also make a double groove put a gap between belts.

I learned this the hard way.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend