Help finding pulley source?

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that needs lightweight 3" OD, 3/8" ID pulleys suitable for round rope or cord that's about 1/4 inch in diameter.

I've obtained a few Grainger 5MVF4 (

and they are exactly the right dimensions but I'd rather have the same pulley in a nylon or plastic to reduce the weight.

I tried Googling for sources and found a couple that seemed close but nothing exactly right - and the Chinese manufacturer's webpages are utterly devoid of dimensions and somewhat indecipherable.

I'm looking for about 30-100 pieces for a prototype run - maybe more if the gods smile on us.

Anyone have a source for plastic pulleys?

Thanks in advance

Carla

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight ~ it's the size of the fight in the dog." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Carla Fong

Don't overlook the bore adapters on p.11.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

McMaster Carr

has them, but they absolutely don't do volume discounts. Maybe buy one and try to figure out who actually made it and contact them?

[...]

Carl Ijames

Do a Google for Sailboat sheaves or pullys.

There are any number of expensive and inexpensive units out there.

When I was racing the Thistle...I replaced all my hardware over a years time from a company in IRRC..Ohio for very very little money

Cant remember the name..Ill dig through my records. But a 3" pully with a 5/16 groove was something like $8

Stainless steel of course with good delrin guts

And of course..check Ebay.

Small sailboats..."one design" boats use rigging that is very affordable.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch