Need Pulley

I have a 50+ year old Sears window fan. Where can I get a pulley with a

4" Dia, 1/2" center hole which uses a set screw to lock it to the shaft, and 3/8" V belt drive. Thanks, Stan
Reply to
Stan Weiss

mcmaster.com.

Ignoramus27175

McMaster-Carr...

Part Number: 6245K518 $9.78 Each Pulley Type Drive Pulleys For Belt Type V-Belt Pulleys V-Belt Section and End Dimensions (Top Width x Height) 3L Section - 3/8" x 7/32" Outer Diameter 4" Bore Type Finished Bore Finished Bore Pulley Style Standard V-Dimension (Pitch Dia.) 3-39/32" Bore Size (ID) 1/2" X-Dimension 1/2" Y-Dimension 1" Pulley Design Solid Pulley Material Zinc Die Cast Note Includes a set screw. Does not include a keyway.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Try an appliance repair shop (Yellow Pages). If they don't have one they can probably either get one or tell you where to get it.

Jim Chandler

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Any hardware store!

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Ace Hardware, NAPA store, almost any small engine shop, MSC, McMaster, Grainger.

You haven't looked very hard, have you?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan Weiss

Thanks, When I pull it back off I will have to check the Y-Dimension. Stan

Reply to
Stan Weiss

I went to the local electrical supply house and they had nothing. They sent me to an appliance repair shop they said would have everything he he looked at it and had no idea. Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan Weiss

Tried the local electrical supply house and an appliance repair shop neither had any idea where to get one. I did have it in hand for them to look at. Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan Weiss

I can imagine an elex supply not having it, but it's a standard item... I cannot think of a single small engine shop that doesn't have a wall rack of Browning pulleys.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

In THIS group, you make one on your lathe.

Reply to
Rex

And if you're really good, you made the lathe, too! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It is assumed that one has already made one's lathe, from sand castings and barstock, as a condition of membership [sniff]

Extra credit for lineshaft drive

Reply to
Rex

Extra, extra credit if you've built your own nuclear power plant, including the 3 phase alternators and refined the fuel from raw ore. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Actually, one teenager built a nuclear reactor in his backyard. If I recall correctly, he used the reactor to convert americium to plutonium. It actually worked.

Ignoramus20900

Make that "any *serious* hardware store". :-)

And don't bother specifying that it is for a window fan. That may confuse the sales person if not an old one. :-)

The pulley is specified by the diameter, the diameter of the shaft hole, perhaps a fancy method of locking it to the shaft, and the size (width) of the belt.

And others have already pointed you to McMaster Carr has them, and probably Grainger and MSC as well.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

What he actually built was a hazardous radioactive site that cost a lot to clean up.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell