BLACKMAX PULLEY NEEDED

Still looking for a pulley that goes on the pump of a 60 gallon upright air compressor. This pulley will have a tapered hole and will have grooves for a serpentine belt.

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks

Oh, Rex had one but was for v belt and straight shaft.

buffalo

check out

Ignoramus12805

You have looked at the Morse-Browning catalog?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Thanks, Iggy.

The first one is for a v-belt.

I will try to check if the other will fit.

b.

buffalo

Looking for used, Grant; translation: cheap.

Reply to
buffalo

You can also try to find another drive pulley.

Ignoramus12805

Understood. Such a search is a whole lot easier if you have a standard part number from someone like Browning, rather than some unknown descriptor like "black max pulley with tapered hole".

For that matter, lots of pulleys have tapered holes that are designed to mate with shaft hubs with tapered ODs. How do you find out about those? You look in the Morse/Browning catalog.

I have been where you are. I needed a larger pulley to fit a 5hp motor I was putting on an air compressor that had been powered with a 3hp motor. I needed it because I wanted to run the air pump faster to get more air output. I didn't have a clue but after I looked it up then it was easy and I found one to fit, think I paid about $5 for it.

At least poke around the Brown> Looking for used, Grant; translation: cheap.

Reply to
Grant Erwin

V-belt MOTOR pulleys are cheap and easy to scrounge for nearly nothing. So are belts. Perhaps you should broaden your search criteria to include any pulley that will fit your pump shaft and then re-adapt the rest (including motor pulley and belt) of your system to fit. "Cheap" and "exactly what I want" are rarely synonymous. But a little willingness to bend a little on your specs to get something that will work will often get you there, as long as you're willing to drop some assumptions along the way. Don't be suprised if your final solution has you doing things like swapping out for a different belt guard or having parts with (!) mismatched names and colors.

Is your end result to have something you can resell for top dollar as complete, or to simply have something that works for yourself? If the former, don't expect a lot of help. If the latter, then be willing to bend a little and we'll try to get you there.

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

it means "garage full of crap"... "tripping over pulleys"... welcome to my world...

the problem here is, he has a particular taper on the compressor head shaft that he needs to match.

I dunno, I often buy things, fix and resell, I am glad that some of my questions are sometimes answered. Would not mind offering similar help... Though I respect your opinion on this, but I disagree with it.

Ignoramus12805

Taint for sale but I sure do like free enterprise.

Reply to
buffalo

I prefer "inventory" or "archives", but yeah.

It's not the fixing up for resale, or the desire to have everything match that bothers me. It's having a bunch of people bend over backwards to help you just so you can get that last $5 in resale value--if it gains you $5 but it cost someone else $10 to help you out to get there, I don't feel that's fair. That's all I was getting at--a sense of proportion and fairness. --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

That, actually, is sensible.

Ignoramus6421

Glenn,

I think that you understand that this isn't for resale, it is for my use only.

The way your last post read would suggest to some reader that it IS for resale. Again, it is for my use only. However Glenn, should you wish to use it, I will let you and, without charge.

buffalo

Agreed.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that, just trying to clarify my point for Iggy... --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

Okay, Glenn.

Thanks