Correct motor pulley/sheave size for Atlas 7" metal shaper?

Hi all, We recently acquired a 7" Atlas shaper in reasonably good condition, but without motor. We're installing a 1/2hp 1725rpm 3 phase Baldor as a replacement but, even armed with the Atlas Repair Parts List brochure, are uncertain of the correct motor sheave diameter for the machine.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks. Kris Boutilier

Reply to
kb1_kanobe

On mine, the pulley on the motor is a 2" outside dimension. The motor is a Walker-Turner 1725 rpm, 1/2 hp, single phase. Hope this helps. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Thanks Ron, that did the trick.

For those who may come seeking the same information later; assuming that you're using the original stepped pulleys you'll probably do well with a Dayco #15300 automotive V-belt. Assuming a 2" pulley on the motor and the original pulley on the jack shaft, a Dayco #15260 belt also works well and will allow the belt to slip cleanly when the clutch is disengaged.

Reply to
kb1_kanobe