Boring out pulley

I'm putting a new motor on my lathe that has a bigger shaft than the old
pulley. I'm planning on boring out the old pulley (another 1/8"), but
I want to make sure that this is not a Bad Idea before I do. Is it OK?
Considerations so far: there is plenty of meat in the old (cast iron)
pulley; the keyway will be reduced to 1/16" deep, but that should be
enough (?).
Thanks,
Bob
Reply to