Stamped welding rod?

I'm wondering if there is a supplier for stainless welding rod that doesn't stamp each rod. I'm wanting it to cut into various lengths and don't use it to weld. Ken

Reply to
clannorm

Is there some reason it has to be welding rod? There are many places that sell 303/304 SS wire and rod. Lenths depend on size, but small rods such as 3/16 can easily be found in 1, 3, or 6 ft lengths. Check mcmaster.com I needed some thin 1/16 wire and bought a pound of it precut in 1 foot lengths for a very reasonable price.

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

Reply to
dcaster

"Is there some reason it has to be welding rod" thats just what we had been using. Were using it for hinge material on parchboxes that go on muzzleloaders Ken

Reply to
clannorm

I bought some 316 SS roll wire slightly spring like. MSC.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Doesn't have to be welding rod. Thats just what we had used Boss said it was too high from MSC and we are going to look at getting it by the coil if I can find relativly small quantities. I'm thinking

20 lbs and straigten it myself Ken
Reply to
clannorm

That is what I got. It uncoils but is slightly curved. I don't think it will matter much once in the tool/work - as the slight cure on the short section would act to keep it from dropping out. (If it had much flex at all.) I think it was a 5 pound roll I got. It is wire not rod. Rod is machined or maintained straight. Wire always bends just drop one on the floor... :-) Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Bert