Starting the World Over on Giligan's Island

Reply to
JR North

Antimassacar?

Jim

jim rozen

"cross-dresser" rhymes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I've never seen such an RPG but along those lines you may find Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon an interesting read. A protagonist and an antogonist (yes there are quite a few, in different timelinges) actually designed that exact survival RPG together as a computer game. Of course the antaonist ends up sueing the pants off the protagonist and persues him to all ends of the earth. Anyways, its not really at all about Survival RPG's, but it IS AN AMAZING ABSOLUTELY ****ing fantastic book.

Reply to
Dubs

Hey Michael,

Some years back while taking some Scout leader training, we had a similar mind game. The premise was there was to be an imminent nuclear attack that would destroy mankind totally, with a very limited exception.

You personally were about to die a quick death, but there were 20 people in a very specific area and situation where only 15 of them could be sheltered and survive. In this scenario, you had some limited details about the 20 people, and it was to be your decision as to who lived and who didn't. The task you were set was to make the best decision you could to assure the continuation of mankind and a hoped for future course for the "new world", in just fifteen minutes, with the premise that the 20 people would abide by your decision.

Amazing the variety of "answers" and "reasons" that a group of about

25 male WASPs came up with in the fifteen minutes allotted, including one guy who wouldn't "play" because in no way could he be involved in the taking of a life!! Absolutely amazing! We argued about our choices for the remaining 5 days of the training course.

Take care.

Brian Laws>> This is an interesting question, which reminds me of a course I took about

Reply to
Brian Lawson